Paneer Burfi- is the Indian term used for fresh Cottage Cheese, and burfi or barfi means a scrumptious and creamy fudge made up of milk solids and sugar.
Are you planning to make a quick n easy sweet for the festive season? Then enjoy this super yummy Paneer burfi which is made with only 3-ingredients and comes together in less than an hour . So delicious, creamy, and will melt away in your mouth!
Festival season is upon us! If you are looking for some last-minute recipe ideas, then you have landed at the right place. Paneer Burfi is super easy to make and a quick- fix sweet, perfect for the upcoming festive season.
From surprises to heartwarming ceremonies, these treats are a must-have for almost any occasion.
- INGREDIENTS FOR PANEER BURFI:-
- 2 cups Crumbled Paneer
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoon Powdered sugar
- ½ cup Dry milk mawa powder
- – – Cardamom Powder to sprinkle on top
- – – Saffron
- – – Crushed Pistachios (or nuts of your choice)
How to make Paneer Burfi:-
- Boil 2-liter milk in a large vessel. When it comes to a boil, add 1/2 cup of lemon juice or vinegar.
- As soon as the milk curdles, take it off the flame. Strain it through a muslin cloth. Wash paneer under cold water to remove the acidic taste of lemon juice.
- Squeeze all the water out of the paneer and let it sit covered, undisturbed for 30 minutes to an hour.
- After the resting time is over, unwrap paneer and knead until it’s smooth.
- Transfer paneer to a big bowl. Add powdered sugar and mix to combine.
- Add Milk mawa powder. Mix to combine
- Milk mawa powder is dried form of mawa. It’s in fine powdered form and can be found at any supermarket fridge section. In US it can be found in any Indian grocery store.
- Knead the mixture with your hands until it starts to come together like a dough.
- If the mixture feels dry and difficult to bind, add few drops of milk. Same way- IF the mixture feels sticky – add an extra tablespoon of milk mawa powder. Adjust the sugar level and knead until smooth.
- Grease a bowl and line it with a plastic sheet. Transfer the burfi mixture into the lined greased pan. Use a rubber spatula or spoon to spread burfi evenly across the pan.
- Garnish the top with cardamom powder, saffron strands, and slivered assorted nuts. Let the burfi cool in the refrigerator for about an hour. After the desired time, cut in squares and enjoy.
- To get a solid block of burfi, set burfi overnight in the fridge and cut the cubes in the morning with a sharp knife.
- If the weather is hot and humid then store burfi in the fridge. It’s good for 2 – 3 weeks in the refrigerator. If it’s winter, burfi can stay outside on the kitchen counter.