Mix dryfruits chikki/Almond cashew peanuts chikki, it is a easy home recipe.
Mix fruits chikki –Almond ,cashew and peanuts known as Chikki in India this is quick and easy recipe to make. This old fashioned candy every body will enjoy.
This Mixed Nuts Chikki is :-
- is made of nuts like cashews, almonds and pecans
- is a great sweet treat to enjoy during winters
- free of refined sugar
- made with only 3 ingredients- nuts, jaggery and little bit of ghee
- can be made vegan by using coconut oil in place of ghee
Ingredients for Mix fruits chikki:-
- 1 cup chopped nuts 140 grams, I used a mix of cashews, almonds and pecans
- 3/4 cup powdered jaggery 100 grams
- 1 tablespoon water 15 ml
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- 3-4 green cardamom pods seeds removed and crushed
Methods for making Mix fruits chikki:-
- 1- Chop the nuts and dry roast them for 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat. Remove on a plate.
- 2- To the same pan add jaggery, water, ghee. Set the heat to low.
- 3- Jaggery will melt and start to bubble. Once it starts bubbling let it boil for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4- Until it reaches hard ball stage at around 260 degrees F. Heat should be low all time.
- 5- If you don’t have a thermometer, you can drop some syrup in a bowl of cold water to check the right consistency.
- It will solidify and you should be able to form a ball. It will harden as it cools and you should be able to snap it.
- 6- This is the right stage to add nuts. Stir in the roasted nuts into the pan along with crushed cardamom seeds. You may also add some fennel powder here if you like.
- 7- Mix until the nuts are coated with the jaggery syrup.
- 8- Transfer mixture to a sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and using a rolling pin, roll between the two sheets to 1/4 inch thickness.
- You may make some indentation with a knife where you plan to cut the pieces since once it hardens it might become difficult to cut it into clean pieces.
- Let it cool down and then cut into pieces. Store mixed nuts chikki in an air tight container and enjoy as a snack!