A treat for the eyes and taste buds, here’s the recipe of a marble cake. Fused flavors of vanilla, cocoa and chocolate make this cake an absolute delight.
With swirls of tender vanilla and fudgy chocolate cake, this marble looks fancy but tastes like pure old-fashioned goodness, and it appeals to kids and grown-ups alike. Surprisingly, you don’t need two completely different batters to make marble cake.
You simply take a third of the vanilla batter and mix it with melted chocolate and cocoa powder and voilà — that’s your chocolate batter! Be careful not to over-marble the batters or the flavors will get muddled; a few swirls around the pan with a knife will do the trick.
Most recipes for marble cake call solely for cocoa powder for the chocolate portion of the cake. I like to add real chocolate as well for a more intense, fudgy flavor; this makes the chocolate swirl portion of the cake taste almost like a brownie.
If you’d rather not buy a whole carton of buttermilk for this recipe, it’s easy to make your own. Simply add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to a liquid measuring cup. Then add regular milk to the 1-cup line and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes, or until slightly curdled and thickened.
Ingredients for Marble cake:-
- 150 gm butter
- 150 gm castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 gm flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- For the Icing:
- 50 gm butter
- 100 gm icing sugar
- 50 gm melted chocolate
- 2 tsp cocoa
- Sweets to decorate
Methods for making Marble cake at home:-
- Sieve flour along with baking powder thrice. This will help baking powder to spread in the flour evenly.
- Powder the sugar.
- In a large bowl, add the powdered sugar and oil. Beat it until it becomes creamy.
- Add in eggs one by one and beat them.
- Add the vanilla essence and salt.
- Keep the beater aside and then add fresh cream and mix it well with a spatula.
- Add in the flour mixture spoon by spoon and fold with the wet ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter to another bowl and mix cocoa powder in this. This is our chocolate cake batter. Remember, cocoa powder should also be sieved to avoid the lumps in it.
- When the batter is ready, lets preheat the Oven to 180 degree.
10.Grease a 9” round tin or loafs and arrange parchment sheet in the bottom.
11.Use two ladles in two bowls.
12.First add a ladle full of chocolate batter in the center of the tin. Then another ladle of vanilla batter on the middle of the chocolate batter. Do not shake. The batter itself will spread the bottom. Repeat the same steps until both the batters are finished.
13.If you are using loaf, add the vanilla batter in the bottom and it should be filled from one side to other side. You can use your imaginations to get different designs in the marble cake.
14.Bake the cake in the preheated Oven for about 30 minutes or until it’s done in 180 degree.
15.Use a tooth pick to check the middle of the cake. If the toothpick is dry, the cake is done. If, its wet or moist, continue baking for the next two three minutes and check.
16.Transfer the baked cake tin to a wire rack to get it cool.
17.Run a knife through the sides of the cake, to remove easily.