Coconut cake is popular cake in south india region because of more coconut production there. they use coconut oil for preparing curry even coconut milk is used for making various south indian dishes and sweets, cakes.
If you’re looking for just one way to impress your guests on Easter Sunday, this stunning Easter cake will do the trick. Whether you serve this coconut confection with the rest of your brunch spread or have it as the finale to your dinner menu, this dessert will not only wow the crowd, but it will satisfy any sweet tooth.
To ensure your sweet is super fluffy, beat the egg whites to nice stiff peaks,they should be able to stand up straight and have a glossy sheen.
INGREDIENTS for coconut cake:-
- Baking spray, for pan
- 3 cup cake flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- one tsp Kosher salt
- one cup canola oil
- one cup and half at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- one tsp pure vanilla extract
- one tsp pure coconut extract
- one large egg plus 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- Coconut Buttercream
- 1/8 tsp. brown gel food coloring
- Phyllo nest
- Robin’s egg candies
DIRECTIONS for making Home made Coconut cake:-
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease three 8-inch cake pans and line bottoms with parchment paper rounds. Whisk together flour, baking powder, malt powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together oil, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, coconut extract, and whole egg in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Fold in flour mixture just until incorporated. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold egg whites into batter just until combined.
- Divide batter among prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then invert onto racks to cool completely.
- Place one layer on a cake plate and frost top with 1 cup Coconut Buttercream. Repeat two more times. Frost sides with remaining Coconut Buttercream.
- Stir together food coloring and 2 drops water in a bowl. Dip the tip of a wide, stiff paintbrush into the mixture. Holding the brush 6 to 8 inches from the cake, gently fling the mixture onto iced cake. Repeat for desired effect. Spread Phyllo Nest around the base of the cake, and nestle robin’s egg candies in nest.