Almond Poppyseed Loaf Cake is an easy pound cake recipe that’s made in a loaf pan. It’s like a quick bread but a cake all in one, full of almond extract flavor and poppy seed.
INGREDIENTS for Almond and Poppy Seed Loaf Cake:-
- Baking spray, for pan
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
- 1/2 c. whole milk, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. poppy seeds
- Almond Glaze (recipe link below)
DIRECTIONS for making Almond and poppy seed cake:-
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-by- 4-inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture and milk alternately, starting and ending with flour mixture, just until flour is incorporated. Fold in poppy seeds. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle cake with Almond Glaze.