Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake Recipe – This breakfast cake recipe features tart lemon and fresh, sweet blueberries in a delicious, easy recipe.
It could just as easily be called Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake or Lemon Blueberry Anytime Cake or just Lemon Blueberry Cake – you get the drift. .
it is a very easy recipe that you can make at hone any time.
Ingredients for Lemon Blueberry cake:-
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 zest and juice lemon
- 8 tablespoons melted butter 1 stick
- 3 large eggs
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Instructions for making Lemon Blueberry cake at home:-
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick baking spray or spread with a thin coating of butter and then lightly flour the pan, removing any excess flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour, baking powder, salt, and sugars until well-combined.
- Combine milk and lemon juice and zest in a separate bowl. Set aside for later use.
- Pour melted butter into dry ingredients and stir together until really well-combined with a rubber spatula. Add eggs one at a time, combining well after each addition.
- Add milk and lemon mixture to the batter and stir well.
- Gently fold in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle blueberries from the topping ingredients onto the top of the cake batter. Then, sprinkle entire top of cake with 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar to form a sugary crust on the baked cake.