Eggless Ragi Cake In Pressure Cooker, Without Oven recipe for vegetarians. It is very easy and healthy cake recipe. Ragi brownie or ragi chocolate cake is a soft, spongy, yummy and moist cake. Cake without refined flour, without sugar, a simple jaggery cake recipe.
There are various dishes made with ragi such as ragi roti, ragi puri, ragi dosa, ragi balls or ragi mudde, ragi biscuits, ragi papad, ragi porridge.
Ragi is a good source of calcium and iron. It is a good food supplement for children and helps in increasing their immune system. Ragi is a good source of fiber and hence is diabetic friendly. It is also beneficial for people looking to lose weight.
Ingredients for ragi Chocolate cake:-
- Ragi Flour – 3/4 cup or 100 gms
- Whole Wheat Flour – 3/4 cup or 100 gms
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsps
- Baking Powder – 1.5 tsps
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – a pinch or 1/8 tsp
- Jaggery Powder – 1/2 cup or 200 gms
- Curd – 1/3 cup or 80 ml
- Milk – 3/4 cup or 180 ml
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Oil/ Melted Desi ghee / Melted Butter – 1/2 cup
For Chocolate Ganache : (optional)
Dark Chocolate – 50gms + Cream 100 gms
Methods for making Ragi/finger millet Chocolate cake:–
1. Preheat cooker with 1 cup salt for 15-20 min on medium to high flame.
2. Sieve dry ingredients in bowl – ragi flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda, salt.
3. In another bowl, take oil, add in jaggery powder or melted jaggery along with curd, milk, vanilla essence. Whisk everything well.
4. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients in batches to prepare a smooth batter.
5. Grease a baking dish, line with parchment paper. Pour the batter and tap it for few times to level it up.
6. Baking options:
– preheated cooker for 30 min
– Oven at 170 degrees for 30-35 min
– Airfryer at 160 degrees for 25 min
7. Cool down the cake completely.
8. To prepare chocolate ganache – melt chocolate with cream and whisk the mixture for few min till smooth consistency.
9. Spread on cake and garnish with chopped nuts. Set in refrigerator for 1-2 hours till set.