Palak Paneer Recipe – is a preparation of spinach that is steamed, pureed and simmered along with subtle spices than fried cottage cheese/ paneer cube stirred with spinach Gravy .
The dish for today is Palak Paneer. Palak Paneer is one of the most popular paneer dishes. . It is quick and easy to prepare. As for taste, it’s delicious. You will find no difficulty while preparing this recipe, and everyone will love it. Let’s get started!
Palak Paneer is such a staple in north India. It’s one of the most commonly made paneer dishes in Indian homes. Maybe because it was considered healthier than the other creamy versions of paneer.
Ingredients Required for Palak Paneer:
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Tej Patta – 1
- Cinnamon – 2-inch
- Clove – 3
- Black pepper – 7
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Tomato – 3 (300 grams)
- Ginge – 1-inch
- Green Chilli – 2
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli – 1 tsp
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Malai or Cream – 1/4 cup
- Paneer- 200 grams
- Spinach Chopped – 250 grams
Method – Palak Paneer Recipe:
- To begin making the Palak Paneer Recipe, first pick the palak leaves and wash them thrice. Chop the washed leaves and keep them aside.
- Heat ghee Into the pressure cooker over medium heat; add the ginger, garlic, tomatoes, green chillies, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder. Saute for a few seconds until the tomatoes turn lightly soft.
- Add the chopped spinach, salt to taste – give it a stir and add one tablespoon of water.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook the palak for just one whistle. After one whistle, turn off the heat and release the pressure immediately by using a fork and lifting the weight or by placing the cooker under cold running water.
- We release the pressure immediately, so that we retain the fresh green colour of palak. Open the cooker and allow the palak to cool completely
- Once cooled, pulse the palak in the blender to make a smooth pure. You can also choose to mash the spinach with a masher to give it a different texture as well.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat; add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. Saute the ingredients for a few seconds. Next stir in the palak, cream and the cubed paneer, check the salt and adjust accordingly to taste.
- When you are ready to serve, dive the palak paneer a brisk boil for 3 to 4 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the Palak Paneer Recipe to a serving dish and serve hot.
- Serve the Palak Paneer Recipe along with hot Phulkas, Jeera pulao and Dal Makhani for a delicious lunch or dinner.