Cutlets have always been my favorite appetizer, easy to prepare and flavorful. Every bite you dig in, is so delicious and simply delectable! The term “cutlet” is used to describe a patty (either veg or non veg) that is dipped in egg wash, covered with breadcrumbs and served fried. But today I present a healthier version of cutlets.
You can enjoy these cutlets guilt-free for breakfast, evening tea or make it for a party. This healthier version is not fried, no flour, no potatoes are added in these cutlets and above all its a no onion no garlic recipe.
Cutlets can be cooked on an Indian tawa or pan fried or shallow fried. It is made from Paneer, chickpeas and Breadcrums and some indian spices.
- Ingredients for Paneer cutlets:-
- 250 grams Paneer or Firm Tofu
- 1/2 cup Boiled Chickpeas or safed chole
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Boiled peas
- 3 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 3 teaspoon Lemon Juice (adjust according to taste)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon Oil
INSTRUCTIONS for Paneer Cutlets:-
- 1.Assemble ingredients.
- 2.Crumble paneer with your hands.
- 3.Mash boiled chickpeas and add it to the paneer. I have used food processor to mash chickpeas. Add boiled peas.
- 4.Add breadcrumbs and red chili powder.
- 5.Add salt.
- 6.Add lemon juice.
- 7.Cilantro leaves. Mix it well. Adjust seasonings.
- 8.Shape them like cutlets.
- 9.Heat a tawa or griddle.
- 10.Add 1/2 teaspoon oil to each cutlet.
- 11.Cook evenly from both the sides.
- 12.Follow the same procedure if cooking on a tawa.
- 13.Make them stand and cook evenly from all the sides until crisp and brown.
- 14.I have served them with super yummy green chutney for chaats. But with or without the dip these cutlets tastes super yum!!