Paneer Sandwich is a tasty and popular vegetarian Indian style sandwich. This easy paneer sandwich recipe is simple and homey. Spicy paneer sandwiched between buttery toasted bread is one of best Indian sandwich recipe.
Grilled Paneer Sandwich is one of the most popular types of veg sandwiches because they need no fancy ingredients. You can easily serve them for breakfast or even pack them in your kid’s lunch box. When packing it in the lunch box, do wrap the sandwich in an aluminum foil, this will prevent them from being soggy.
Ingredients for Paneer sandwich:-
- 1 tbsp Butter
- One tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- 75 grams Onion chopped
- 100 grams Paneer
- 100 grams Paneer Crumbled
- ½ cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp Green chilies chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- Coriander Leaves chopped
- 6 whole wheat bread
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Green Chutney
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- 3 tbsp Tomato Sauce
Instructions for making Paneer sandwich:-
- Heat a pan and add a tablespoon of butter in it.
- When the butter starts to melt add cumin seeds. Allow the seeds to crackle and then add chopped ginger in it.
- Saute for a minute and add chopped onions in the pan.
- Cook the onions til they are golden brown and then add chopped green chilies in it.
- Now, add red chili powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder.
- Saute’ them for a minute and then add tomatoes in the pan.
- Mix the tomatoes ad cook the ingredients well.
- Add little water if required.
- When the ingredients are well-cooked add diced paneer and grated paneer in the pan.
- Mix them again and top it with some fresh coriander leaves. When done, switch off the heat and prepare to make the sandwich.
- Keep bread loaf on a wooden surface and spread one side of the loaf with butter and green chutney.
- Then spread cooked paneer masala on it. After that sliced tomatoes, sandwich masala.
- Spread some grated cheese if you like. This is optional.
- Now, spread butter and tomato ketchup on the other bread. Take the same bread and top it with the other one. Press gently.
- In a pan/skillet add a teaspoon of butter and place the sandwich on it.
- Toast til they are golden brown from both the sides and serve with tomato ketchup.