Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll Recipe is a tasty roll made with whole wheat flour wraps and filled with a mouthwatering marinated paneer tikka masala. This popular street food can be had as snacks or even packed into your kids lunch boxes.
The Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll Recipe is a classic Indian Street Food snack that you can find in the streets of North India. Even Kolkata has its own set of Kolkata Egg Rolls that are a classic favorite at home.
These rolls are traditionally made with a lot of maida and cooked in a lot of oil and then wrapped into a roll along with a favorite filling.
In this recipe of the Kathi roll, I have made the Wrap Dough with whole wheat flour and then filled it with a chatpata Paneer Tikka Masala which is absolutely delicious.
Serve the Paneer Tikka Kathi Rolls as a snack for tea on weekends, as an appetizer for parties along Mumbai Style Tawa Pulao Recipe With Moong Sprouts and Nawabi Kofta Curry Recipe or make it less spicy.
Ingredients needs for paneer tikka kathi rolls:-
- Paneer – This Indian Cottage cheese can be made at home using just 2 ingredients – milk and lemon juice. Here is my homemade paneer recipe. Although, often times I find myself using store bought paneer for the convenience. It is sold in Indian grocery stores, Whole foods and Costco.
- Mixed Bell Peppers – I like red and green as they offer a nice contrasting color with sweetness from red and mildly bitter flavor from green. You can use any peppers you have on hand
- Red Onions – In addition to the sweetness of sauteed red onions, I love the beautiful red hue it adds to the filling. I also love adding thinly sliced raw red onions while serving for some crunch
- Spices – Kashmiri red chili powder, ginger, garlic, garam masala, turmeric, kasoori methi and salt .
- Mint Green chutney
Ingredients FOR Paneer tikka Kathi Roll :-
- 2 cups paneer cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small red pepper thinly sliced
- one small green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- one teaspoon garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder add 2 teaspoons for spicy
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon kasoori methi
- one teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 to 8 kawan parathas .
- 1 medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
Mint Cilantro Chutney
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut frozen or dry
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 to 2 small green chiles
- one tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- one teaspoon sugar
Instructions for making paneer tikka kathi rolls:-
- Marinate the paneer- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add paneer and mix well.
- Make the filling- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add onions, peppers and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add marinated paneer and mix well. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the heat off. Add cilantro.
- Chutney – Blend all the chutney ingredients using 2 tablespoons of water to make a smooth sauce. Note: Add more water as needed, little at a time.
- Cook the Parathas- Heat a non-stick griddle pan. Remove the kawan paratha from the plastic wrapping and place on the griddle. Cook on medium high heat for about to 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden brown, pressing gently with a spatula. Enjoy hot!
- Assemble Kathi Roll- Spread 2 teaspoons of chutney on cooked paratha. Add 2 to 3 spoonfuls of the filling in the middle. Add few sliced onions and cilantro on top. roll the sides up to the middle. You can use small toothpicks to hold them together.