Mushroom masala is a popular North Indian dish that you will find on every Indian restaurant’s menu.Make Restaurant Style Mushroom Masala Curry at home using the basic ingredients. This Indian Curry will definitely win your heart and make you crave for more. Here is how to make it at home.
It is an easy-to-make, fuss-free recipe. I am sure all the ingredients that you will need for this recipe will be available in kitchen and you might be using them on a daily basis.
Make sure you use fresh mushrooms to get the best flavor.This tomato-onion based gravy is mildly spicy and pairs well with paratha, tandoori roti, rice or any other Indian bread.
Ingredients for Mushrrom masala curry:-
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2-3 Clove
- 5-6 Black Peppercorns
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 cup Onion (Chopped)
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 cup Tomato (Grated)
- ¼ cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- 300 g Mushroom (Chopped)
- 1 Capsicum (Cubed)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Instructions for Mushroom Masala curry:-
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add cloves, black peppercorns, green cardamom and black cardamom in it and fry for a few seconds.
- Mix onion and fry until it turns translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until onion turns golden brown.
- Mix tomato and tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder and salt and fry until oil starts to separate from the sides.
- Add mushroom and capsicum and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook the curry on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir once or twice in between.
- If the curry is too dry, add some water to it.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with any Indian bread.