Cottage cheese & Mushroom is a healthy and delicious combination and today we will be making cottage cheese and mushrooms curry. Just to prepare this recipe, we need to cook cottage cheese (paneer) and mashrooms along with onion, tomato, cashews, poppy seeds and spices based creamy gravy. If you like cottage cheese and mashroom then surely you will like this recipe. It is very easy to make and taste delicious so lets start to make this delicious and one of the healthy combination –
Paneer In Mushroom Curry is a dish where paneer and other vegetables are cooked in mushroom sauce along with Indian spices. The gravy is rich and creamy and has a nice flavor of mushroom. The curry goes well with roti, tandoori roti, naan, paratha or jeera rice.
Ingredients for Mushroom paneer curry:-
- 150 gram cottage cheese cubes(I prefer homemade )
- 200 gram mushroom
- 1onion medium size (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- Salt to taste
- 3 tblsp oil
- 10 or 12 cashews
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish(optional).
Instructions for Mushroom paneer curry:-
- Take chopped onion into the microwave safe bowl. Now add 1/2 tsp of oil and 2 tbsp of water in it and cook on medium high temperature for 3 or 4 minutes or until it become tender.
- Likewise cook chopped tomatoes for two minutes and set aside to cool.
- Grind the cinnamon,cashews,poppy seeds,cloves, star anise, cardamom (with the help of two tbsp water) into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Now grind onion and tomatoes separately.
- In a pan heat one tsp of oil and saute mashroom for two to three minutes and keep aside.
- Now in a same pan heat the remaining oil add cumin seeds cook for a minute. Then add onion paste saute for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Now add the tomato paste and poppy seeds paste, turmeric powder,coriander powder and cook till oil separates.
- add salt,garam masala, chilli powder and mix well.
- Now add mushrooms and 3 tblspn water or (you can add more water according to your choice.) and cook for another five minutes till the mushrooms are tender.
- Add cottage cheese, kasoori methi and simmer for two minutes.
- Now turn off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and grated cheese. And serve with chapati,pratha or Rice as your choice…..