Cabbage curry or patta gobhi recipe is a veg curry which can be eaten with rice or roti. It is round in shape, light green in color and a leafy vegetable. Cabbage is also called as patta gobhi in hindi and is a widely used vegetable all across our country.
Ingredients for Bund gobhi subji:-
- 1 medium/250-300 gram cabbage (sliced very thinly)
- Optional: 2 medium potatoes (quartered lengthwise and then sliced thinly)
- Optional: 1 cup frozen peas (or fresh peas)
- 2 tbsps vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 2 green chilies (chopped fine)
- 2-inch piece ginger (grated)
- 2 large tomatoes (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- One tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder (use less for less spicy)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish (chopped)
Steps to Make It:-
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium flame.
- Add the mustard seeds, green chilies, curry leaves and fry till the seeds stop spluttering.
- Mix the ginger and stir. Add the tomatoes and cook till they are pulpy.
- If you are using peas and potatoes, add them now. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the cabbage and then the turmeric, coriander, cumin, red chili powder and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Cover, simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
7.Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and serve with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread) and a tangy pickle.